Why Sunny Day Tutoring?
- You want to provide the best chance for your student to excel by utilizing highly experienced teachers with an excellent success rate at actually getting to the root of and getting beyond the learning challenge / issue including diagnosing and working with special needs.
- Our team doesn’t just “help with homework”… while that is a small part of “tutoring”, you know that just “getting it done” is not what a student needs to benefit him/her in the long run.
- Your student deserves the finest and highest quality education to maximize his/her ability to succeed… in college, in career, in life.
Helping Students Excel with Personalized, Customized, One-on-one, Budget-friendly Educational Services
Not only will you be getting highly-qualified, certified and experienced teachers and educational professionals, you’ll see our passion for students and love of learning come shining through with a positive and supportive approach!
- One-on-one tutoring in your home
- All subjects, all grades, all levels (pre-K through adult, special needs to advanced placement [AP], military service members )
- Working with members of the military service members including the ASVAB test preparation
- Expert Individualized Education Programs (IEPs)
- All-spectrum special needs tutoring including ADHD and Autism
- Coordination of tutoring activities with classroom teachers and school staff to ensure the student’s academic needs are being met… including classroom visitations and attendance at school meetings upon request
- Frequent interaction with parents through conferences and progress reviews
- Tutors/Teachers available year-round
- Diagnostics and assessments to adapt our curriculum to your student’s needs
- School advocacy to ensure they are doing what they are supposed to for your student’s special needs
- SAT/ACT test preparation
- Expertise in math and science through college level and beyond
We served all of North County San Diego including Oceanside, Vista, Carlsbad, Encinitas, San Marcos and Escondido and we are happy to provide local references upon request.
Subjects We Teach
- Reading and Phonics
- Reading Comprehension
- Writing Skills, Grammar and English Composition
- English Language Development
- Mathematics: All grade levels including Pre-Algebra, Algebra, Geometry, Algebra II, Pre-Calculus and Calculus
- Sciences- All subject areas
- Study and Organizational Skills – Homework Help
- SAT and ACT Preparation
- Work with ADD, ADHD, and other special educational students
- Other subject areas available on request
Sunny is a fixture in the Oceanside community, and it is well known locally that she is an advocate for children, first, foremost and always. A longtime Oceanside Chamber member and authority in the world of education, Sunny volunteers much of her time to help the community in general, as well as to assist children with their learning challenges and disabilities. It is a comfort to know that there is a resource like Sunny and her company for children in need, and the community at large.
Lisel Sutter President, Sutter Tax, Financial & Insurance Services, Inc.
We received a letter from the school principal yesterday, regarding your suggested modifications to our daughter's homework pending special education evaluation. She has agreed to one hour of homework each night until IEP is complete. This is a huge relief for us. Thanks again for your assistance with the 504 plan. If it wasn't for your suggestions, we wouldn't be where we are today. Thank you so much!
Steve, Carlsbad Chamber of Commerce Education Committee Member
Sunny provides a very personal, warm and supportive learning environment making each child feel special and talented. I am pleased to announce that my daughter has completed 12th grade English! She already completed her final paper so she will not be meeting with her tutor for a final session this week. I think that my daughter learned a lot from both of you and we really have seen an improvement in her skills. We will certainly give referrals for you any time we can and of course, we will call if Paige needs the support in the future.
A Satisfied Parent of a Special Student with a Learning Disability
New Client Special Offers!
1 free session with the purchase of approximately 8 in a month!